To deliver our Environmental Policy, 1st Waste Management Consultants Ltd will;
• Ensure that all of our activities comply fully with relevant environmental legislation and perceived best practice;
• Set practical aims for the continual improvement of our environmental management procedures;
• Use resources wisely by reducing resource use and re-using or recycling materials wherever possible
• Understand the sensitivities of our customers, including the pressures of growing and changing statutory and public concern about environmental issues, and assist them in complying with environmental best practice;
• Identify opportunities to reduce an environmental impact of our activities at an early stage and adopt these changes where appropriate;
• Encourage all of our suppliers to have, or be developing an environmental policy statement;
• Continue to review our environmental performance, and strive to respond to issues as they arise
• Encourage our staff to minimise car journeys and use environmentally sustainable transport methods in respect of commuting and business journeys wherever practical;
• Support bio fuel and green travel objectives implemented and planned by our suppliers.
Ethical Trading Policy Statement:
1st Waste Management Consultants Ltd will aim to trade ethically. To implement this policy we will;
• Not take advantage of lower employment or manufacturing costs;
• Adhere to any Government recognised trading sanctions/standards;
• Not trade with those suppliers which our directors believe are violators of human rights, or who take advantage of high unemployment or low manufacturing/production/supply costs;
• Refuse to work with any client or prospective client/supplier which we have reason to consider exploits humans, animals or the environment unfairly.
This statement will be available though the company via hard copy upon request.